It’s OUR Hospital
The Foundation’s mission is to partner with the community to support OUR award-winning Hospital in the delivery of an excellent patient care experience. To do this, we invest in:
• The training of frontline staff;
• Advanced medical equipment, as well as the simple dignities of life; and
• The physical infrastructure of OUR Hospital.
-Paul Jenkins, STEGH Foundation
Ultimately, we work with donors to ensure that the healthcare our families and friends deserve is available at STEGH during each visit, at every stage of life, and as close to home as possible.
This past year was particularly exciting for the Foundation:
- In May, we launched a balloon pulling a payload of Elgin County artifacts into near space to celebrate the 60th Anniversary of STEGH, as well as to launch the public fundraising portion of the Great Expansion campaign.
- Throughout the summer we hit the links at the Turk Turley Memorial Golf Tournament, the Port Stanley Lions 5th Annual ‘Marr Family’ Golf Tournament & Fish Fry, the Condie Cancer Cup, and the first-ever It’s OUR Hospital Golf Tournament, raising much needed funds and making important friends throughout Elgin County.
- In the fall, we cheered on the success of the Railway City Road Races, and enjoyed a James Bond themed gala called CASO Royale, an evening of glamour and intrigue at our historic train station.
- In March, the Foundation launched our first-ever peer-to-peer fundraising event. Honourably Chaired by Joe Thornton, Take One 4 OUR Team – the 2016 World Tubing Championships is one part winter carnival, one part competition tubing tournament, one part fundraiser, and most importantly, all parts family fun.
- And most recently, we surpassed the $11 million mark of our Great Expansion fundraising campaign, while at the same time investing more than $700,000 in OUR Hospital.
All in one year!
Of course, none of this would be possible without the support of our generous donors. This past year, compassionate individuals helped ensure that the women in our lives have access to the best possible breast care. This past year, good corporate citizens helped two Elgin medical students study at Ontario’s best high-volume community hospital. This past year, good people like you, made our community a better place to live, work, and play.
We couldn’t more grateful. Thank you.