· Achieving our Quality Improvement (QIP) targets;
· Transitioning to a self-sustaining model for our Lean work;
· Completing Clinical Services Planning that provides future direction, optimizes all funding sources, and addresses patient experience;
· Achieving on-time performance of our capital redevelopment plan;
· Ensuring that our Patient Experience Strategy is both visible and sustainable.
left to right, Dr. Nancy Whitmore,
Karen Davies, Paul Collins and Mary Stewart
What a year it’s been! Welcome to our online 2014-2015 Annual Report! As an executive team, we committed to five strategic objectives for 2014/2015, namely:
- achieving our Quality Improvement (QIP) targets;
- transitioning to a self-sustaining model for our Lean work;
- completing Clinical Services Planning that provides future direction, optimizes all funding sources, and addresses patient experience;
- achieving on-time performance of our capital redevelopment plan;
- ensuring that our Patient Experience Strategy is both visible and sustainable.
Most importantly, we remain committed to our vision to deliver an excellent patient care experience in a safe and compassionate environment, in collaboration with our healthcare partners. Everything we do is driven by this vision. (To review our Vision, Mission and Values, click here.)
Throughout this annual report, you will learn more about our successes and our challenges of 2014-2015, as well as updates on each of the above stated objectives. As Ontario’s healthcare system continues its own transformation, necessitated by an aging populations and ongoing fiscal challenges, we are pleased to report that STEGH is financially healthy. More details, including our audited financial statements, can be found by clicking on “Financial Stewardship” above.
Our commitment to patient and family centred care is evidenced in our creation of a Patient Experience Council and in ensuring the patient voice is central to our facility and space designs, our strategic planning efforts and our continuous improvement initiatives. We truly have moved from doing “to” and “for” our patients to doing “with” our patients.
It has been an exciting year here at STEGH. On behalf of the Executive Team, we want to thank all of the people at STEGH – staff, physicians, volunteers, students, patients, and families – for all that they do to help us deliver an excellent patient experience – every time!
Paul Collins, President and CEO
Karen Davies, Vice-President and Chief Nursing Executive
Mary Stewart, Vice-President and Chief of Human Resources
Dr. Nancy Whitmore, Vice-President and Chief of Staff